- Ph.D Harvard University, May 2012
- M.S. Harvard University, May 2004
- B.Sc. (Hons.) The University of Queensland, Australia 1999
- Andersen, Friese, Truscott, Ficek, Drummond, Heckenberg and Rubinsztein-Dunlop. Light guiding light: Nonlinear refraction in rubidium vapour. Phys Rev A, 63 023820 (2001)
- Andersen and Kuang. A Toy Model of the Instability in the Equatorially Trapped Convectively Coupled Waves on the Equatorial Beta Plane. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 65 (12), 3736-3757 (2008)
- Andersen, J. A. and Z. Kuang, 2012: Moist Static Energy Budget of MJO-like disturbances in the atmosphere of a zonally symmetric aquaplanet, J. Climate, 25, 2782–2804, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00168.1
- Andersen, J. A. and Z. Kuang, 2012b: The sensitivity of propagation of the MJO-like anomaly observed in SPCAM to variations in the Aquaplanet Climate. In preparation.
- Andersen A toy model of the instability in the equatorially trapped convectively coupled waves, 28Hurricanes, Orlando, 1 Mar 2008.
- Andersen The sensitivity of propagation of the MJO-like anomaly observed in SPCAM to variations in the Aquaplanet Climate, 30Hurricanes, Jacksonville, 19 Apr 2012.
- Construction and analysis of a simple model of equatorial convectively coupled waves to explore the basic mechanisms of convection that determine the convective wave structure.
- Production and analysis of high resolution simulations of convection and tropical waves using SAM, WRF, and SP-CAM.
- Analysis of Energy Sources, sinks and flows in the Madden-Julian Oscillation.
- University Medal, UQ, 2000
References available on request